Just a little update on some more painting I have been doing for my game at Legionary 2015 (http://www.exmouthwargames.org.uk/). Below are a few photos of units I have painted in the last month.
I have managed to complete:
1 unit of Old Glory mounted knights- These are very animated figures, including the horses which could be considered a little too thin for my likings but they at least fit in with the foundry metals I have.
2 Artillery bases – These are Front Rank. I have to admit that these are the only front rank figures I have and will be the last for my War of the Roses armies. They are OK figures but so out of scale with any other manufacturer I have, they may not even make it to the table. One base is painted to represent Warwick and the other with the red/black livery will be ideal for Shrewsbury or Northampton.
1 unit of Northern Horse. These are Foundry. These are also done in the red/black livery so will be ideal for Shrewsbury or Northampton and probably many others. I have decided to not put livery emblems on the figures and to use a Banner. The trick is to wrap the banner around a small tube/pipe and slide it over the standard-bearer’s spear. I have found that a cotton bud with the ends cut off is ideal for this. Then when you need a unit on the oppositions side, just swap banners.