Just wanted to update the list of units that can be selected for Lion Rampant.
Most of these are straight out of the rules but I have hopefully worked out the options correctly. I have to admit I struggle to understand why schiltron cannot be upgraded to Expert? In my games I allow as I believe it represents any troops with better training or arms.
I have added Pike mainly as per the Lion Rampant forum but have also added my own version for Artillery.
The main units can be copied and pasted into the retinue sheets and use the filter to find all the possible units option for a certain number of points if struggling.
Here is the latest Excel version with Pikes and artillery added.
Here are my house rules for artillery.
- Use 1 artillery model plus 4 crew. Reduction in crew impacts effectiveness of unit in a different way to any other unit on the table, please see below.
- May be operated so long as 1 crewman is still alive.
- Points cost: Light 4 points, Med 5 points and Heavy 6 points.
- Range: Light 24”, Medium 36” and Heavy 48”
- Shoot: 7+. Option – a roll of double 1 = gun explodes.
- Shoot Value: To determine the number of possible hits roll a D4 for light, D8 for Med and D12 for Heavy. The result is the number of possible hits. This number of D6 are then rolled with a shoot Value of 3+ adjust by -1 if target is more than 12” away. Target armour is reduced to 1 although hard cover adds +1 soft cover gives no benefit.
- Reload value: Light =8+ Med 9+ and Heavy 10+. After a successful Shoot action, the artillery may not be fired again until a successful Reload action has taken place. This is carried out as a normal, ordered activation. I also apply -1 per lost crew. Therefore, a light gun with only 1 crew member remaining will only reload on a 11 and med on a 12! This also means that a heavy would require a 13! This is when a leader (Not attached permanently to a unit in my games) can inspire a unit by adding a +1 motivation to any units within 6” if unattached or only to a single unit to which it is attached.
- May not move during the game and must be deployed in the player’s deployment zone but has a 180 degree of fire.
- Courage tests, the crew count as a normal 6 fig unit except when down to 2 crew figures it is half strength.
- Courage 4+
- Defence 6 – May only roll dice = to number of actual crew i.e. 1-4 not 6 or 12 as norm with other units.
- The crew must maintain cohesion around the artillery model (not moving more than 1” beyond it).
- Armour 1.
- Upgrade to expert gunners @2pt- instead of D4, D8 or D12s for no. of potential hits use DAV, 2DAV and 3DAV. -1 to reload action and -1 shoot action and Courage 3+
- Upgrade with a Mantlet @1pt– Armour 3 from shooting only.
I may work on hand gunners next!