The other week another few units turned up from Alan Hunter at Deadkingsrise painting service (http://deadkingsrise.blogspot.co.uk/). He is helping me out by providing a few! units to go with my own growing collection. 3 units of dismounted knights and a unit of Welsh spearmen turned up this time.
So far I have only based the Welsh. These are Perry plastics with alternative heads and a few spears from other manufactures. I really like them as they do give an impression of a hastily formed unit. There are 2 units of Welsh archers still to come to help support these.
The bottom two pictures show a Welsh spear unit I have painted to go side by side with this unit.
Here is my unit. They are foundry.
A bit of a quiet month so far.
War of the Roses
A few blogs ago I mentioned that I was having a bit of a clear out of old unplayed items. With the money raised I decided to take some of the pressure off me by getting someone else to do some painting. I searched for a while and found a painting service that also will supply the models. The name of the site is http://deadkingsrise.blogspot.co.uk/ and the gent who runs it is called Alan Hunter. All my general enquiries where answered and Alan is so knowledgeable about the era it made it enjoyable doing business with him.
Following initial chats I commissioned Alan to supply some painted units to represent the Battle of Bosworth. The commission will be for over 700 troops covering all combatants as well as additional units of mercenaries. These when combined with my existing units will give me over 1200 figures. I hope to have all units completed for a game at Legionary 2015.
Only a few months in and the first parts of the order have turned up. Very impressed and cannot now wait from the remaining units to arrive. I ordered them all unbased so I can base them in my normal style. Each unit has 21 figures and there will be 3 units to a battle 1 off Bills and 2 off bows and 1 of Knights (18 figures). Just as the order was placed Perry launched their dismounted men at arms so timing is just right.
I knocked up a few flags for Talbot ( Shrewsbury). Too late I realized that I had the livery around the wrong way so will knock up another version this week.
Tudor’s Bows, flags to be added.
Tudor’s Bills, flags need to be added.
Following on from the success of the first game. I have pressed on finishing the models.
Both models have been rigged and are ready for a detail wash and transfers added.
The ships are on the boards that come with the game.
Here is the latest unit. It is representing a highland unit and is made up from Old Glory Miniatures and Foundry. they go together really well
Might have gone a little OTT on the basing but I ordered some heather plants and wanted to see what they were like.